Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Life after BFN

Well, here we are again. As you all know, I got my BFN last week and now currently on CD 4. I was not as crushed as I thought I'd be, it definitely doesn't compare to a miscarriage. I'm not sure what to blog about since my TWW is over so I've decided to share some positives of not being pregnant this month. 
1. If I get pregnant on the next cycle, I'd be due at the end of may. My hubby is a teacher, so we would be off all summer as a family.
2. I have more time to save up my time off at work to hopefully take a full 12 weeks off. 
3. I can keep focusing on losing weight! 
4. I have more time to get this prescription folic acid in my system since I have this "condition" that I've talked about previously. 
5. I have desperately been wanting a new bedroom set and to upgrade to a king size bed- now it just may fit into the budget.
6. I am dying to go on a really nice vacation. If it takes a while to get pregnant again, then I may plan something for us next summer.

Those a just a few. Of course I would give anything to be holding a sweet little baby in my arms, but since I can't just yet, I can still do some things for myself. Dusty and I have also been considering getting another dog. We would love to have more fur babies to love and I think Harlow would love a playmate. We are weighing our pros and cons and will see what we think is best for our "family". 

A friend of ours is due with her second baby in about a week. She and I made a pact to be pregnant together. She's very fertile so she got pregnant on the first try, and here I am still with nothing. I am scared of how I will handle my emotions when her baby is here. So bittersweet for me knowing I could have one by now too. Please pray that I have the strength to keep it together when we go to congratulate the new parents (again) and meet baby Makenzi. 

ONE MORE THING I'm excited about is that football season is right around the corner. Hubby and I have Cincinnati Bengals season tickets and we LOVE going to all the games. This definitely keeps us busy and will hopefully help keep my mind off of all this TTC stuff a little bit. 

Take care everyone 
Kel 

No comments:

Post a Comment